Orpheus Alive ballet + Wild at Textile Museum
Bundle our next two events to save!
Wednesday, November 20
The National Ballet of Canada
Image credit: Emma Hawes and Harrison James in Orpheus Alive. Photo by Karolina Kuras.
Tuesday, December 10
Textile Museum of Canada
Wild features work by five emerging Canadian artists who make mischief of neat and tidy systems of classification. Through a range of textile processes and materials, these artists render fabulous flora and fauna that are defiantly aberrant, untamed and uncultivated. We're having a private showing where you can meet one of the exhibiting artists. But that's not all...
It's a full-on party with curated music, "wild" eats and beer sampling!
- An exhibition tour of Wild with guest curator Farah Yusuf
- Music by DJ and exhibition artist-in-attendance Humboldt Magnussen of Juicy Moon Productions, creator of unique events and art experiences
- A Wild Art Chat in the gallery with Curator of Education Susan Fohr
- A hands-on take-home craft activity (throughout the evening)
- Food creations using local and natural sources.
Carrie Allison, Omar Badrin, Catherine Blackburn, Emily Jan, Humboldt Magnussen
Guest curated by Farah Yusuf